Dec. 22, 2009: ACCA Offers 2009 Update to Tech Compensation Survey
“When you’re trying to attract and retain the best HVACR talent available to your company, you need to be armed with information about what’s available in the marketplace,” said Hilary Atkins, ACCA general counsel and author of the report. “This report will allow contractors to size up their own offerings against others in the industry, making for a well-researched strategy for compensating their technicians.”
The survey tabulates and analyzes data provided by 443 HVACR contractors nationwide. It covers such items as:
• Annual base salaries for technicians
• Determination of technician compensation
• Benefits offered to full-time technicians
• Technician contribution to health care plans
• Annual paid vacation days for technicians
• Company contribution to employee retirement plan
• Medically related benefits
• Bonuses and commissions
These data points are cross-tabulated and compared based on a number of factors, including geography, employee numbers, and sales volume.
Technician Compensation and Benefits: A Benchmarking Guide for HVACR Contractors (2009 Edition) is now available at ACCA’s online store at www.acca.org/store/product.php?pid=459 or by calling 888-290-2220. The cost is $185, or $85 for ACCA members.
Publication date: 12/21/2009