ATLANTA - The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) announced that it is again offering fall online seminars. These instructor-led seminars run from late September through early November. ASHRAE said a number of popular courses are being offered, several of which include updated material.
The online courses cover a range of topics, including:
• Understanding & Designing Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS)
• The Commissioning Process & Guideline 0
• Complying with Standard 90.1-2007 HVAC/Mechanical
• Introduction to Green Buildings and Sustainable Construction
• Complying with Standard 90.1-2007 Envelope/Lighting
• The Basics of Radiant Panel Heating & Cooling*
• Using Standard 90.1-2007 to Meet LEED Requirements
• Chilled Beam Technology for Excellent Indoor Climate in an Energy Efficient Manner
• Complying with Requirements of ASHRAE Standard 62.1-2007
• Energy Management in Existing Buildings*
• Humidity Controls: Basic Principles Loads & Equipment
• Humidity Controls: Application, Control Levels & Mold Avoidance
• The Basics of a Proposed Standard on High Performance Green Buildings (Standard 189.1)
(*Indicates updated course material.)
The three-hour-long courses are taught in real-time, from 1 to 4 p.m. EDT, and feature interactive audio. Either three professional development hours or American Institute of Architects learning units or 0.3 continuing education units are available for each course.
Those who sign up for courses before Sept. 11 will receive a reduced registration fee. A 20 percent discount is also available to participants who register for courses with related topics.
A full list of courses and registration information can be found at www.ashrae.org/onlinecourses.
Publication date: 09/07/2009
Sept. 10, 2009: ASHRAE Announces Fall Online Seminars
September 10, 2009