WESTPORT, Conn. - Honorees for the 2009 AHR Expo Innovation Awards have been named. Winners were chosen in nine product categories representing important specialty areas within the HVACR industry. The annual awards program is sponsored by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), and International Exposition Co. (IEC).
The nine winning products were selected by a panel of ASHRAE members from more than 100 eligible entrants. The products were judged for innovation, application, value to user, and market impact.
“ASHRAE congratulates the recipients of the Innovation Awards,” said ASHRAE president William A. Harrison. “The awards recognize manufacturers who have taken the newest technology and turned it into useful and efficient products. These are products that feature the most innovative approaches in regard to design, creativity, application, and energy efficiency. It is this type of innovation that will move our industry forward into creating the highest performing buildings possible. I encourage our members to attend the Expo and learn more about these innovative products.”
The Innovation Awards recipients will be honored Jan. 27 at 1 p.m. during the 2009 AHR Expo in Chicago.
The 2009 winners are:
• Building Automation - AEC Design Group’s ArtrA BIM asset management system
• Cooling - Danfoss’ Apexx™ VSH Series variable speed scroll compressors
• Green Building - Ice Energy’s Ice Bear® 30 hybrid air conditioner
• Heating - Unitary Products Division of Johnson Controls’ York® Affinity™ 98 percent AFUE modulating gas furnace
• Indoor Air Quality - Rotronic’s HygroClip2 humidity and temperature probe
• Refrigeration - Danfoss’ AKD 102 ADAP-KOOL® drive
• Software - Mc4 Software’s Mc4 Suite multiuse software
• Tools and Instruments - UEi’s Smart Bell combustion meter
• Ventilation - Twin City Fan Companies’ Aero acoustic diffuser for plenum/plug fans
In addition, 27 products received honorable mention.