The Refrigeration Service Engineers Society will hold its 70th Annual Conference Sept. 11-15 in San Antonio, Texas. It is open to both RSES members and nonmembers.
Among conference highlights will be several educational sessions scheduled throughout the conference and testing opportunities for Environmental Protection Agency Refrigerant Usage, Universal R-410A, and North American Technician Excellence. Also the RSES’ own Certificate Member and Certificate Member Specialist exams will be offered.
In addition, the conference will feature an HVACR technology expo featuring a number of exhibitors, the Manufacturers Service Advisory Council Ask the Experts panel, the association’s annual business meeting, industry tours, and spouses’ tours.
The seminar topics and speakers include:
• “Zoning … Bandage or Enhancement,” presented by Joe Ramunni, Arzel Zoning Technology Inc.
• “Combustion System Analysis for Safety, Efficiency and Opportunity,” Bob Dwyer, Bacharach Inc.
• “A Second Look at Secondaries for the First Time,” Wesley Taylor, Carlyle Compressor Co.
• “Energy Efficient Design and Air Treatment,” Jamie Kitchen, Danfoss.
• “Hydrocarbon Refrigerants: The Future of Refrigeration,” Norbert Lyssy, DuraFrio.
• “Fundamentals of Variable Scroll Technology,” John Roberts, Emerson Climate Technologies Educational Services Division.
• “Overview of Section 608 Regulatory Program,” Julius Banks, EPA.
• “Solenoid Valves For Refrigeration Systems,” Al Maier, Flow Controls Division of Emerson Climate Technology.
• “Field Controls,” John Cot-ton, Field Controls LLC.
• “Creating Comfortable In-door Environments: Complying with ASHRAE 55 & 62,” Greg Jourdan, CM, Wenatchee Valley College and Fluke Corp.
• “Ice Machine Maintenance and Service,” Danny Moore, Hoshizaki America Inc.
• “Wireless Temperature Monitoring and Data Collection using the Web,” Ebbe Hassl, Invensys Controls.
• “Uses of Electronic On/Off and Proportional Controls in Temperature, Pressure and Humidity Applications,” Agustin Cardona, Johnson Controls/Penn.
• “Compressor Starting Problems,” Fritz H. Schroeder, Kickstart®/OEM Products Inc.
• “Air Duct Board - Recommended Fabrication and Installation Techniques,” L.T. Aylor, Knauf Insulation.
• “The True Cost of Flex,” Chris Van Rite, M&M Manufacturing Co.
• “Preventive Maintenance Techniques and How They Differ for HFC and HCFC Systems,” Robert P. Scaringe, Ph.D, P.E., Mainstream Engineering Corp.
• “Working with Difficult People,” presented by Glen Goble, National Sales Co.
• “Removing the Mystery from Thermostatic Expansion Valves,” Dave Demma, Sporlan Valve Division, Parker Hannifin Corp.
• “Prodigy,” Robert Fernandez, Scotsman Ice Systems.
• “Is Everything Well When Your System’s Passing Gas,” Garth Denison, Sporlan Valve Division, Parker Hannifin Corp.
• “Troubleshooting Tools for Variable-Speed Air Movers,” Lou Sulfstede, Sulfstede Consulting Services, Inc.
• “Advanced A/C Clinic,” Jim Bergman, Testo Inc.
• “Air Filtration Basics,” Jim Rosenthal, CAFS, Tex-Air Filters/Air Relief Technologies.
The conference takes place at the Crown Plaza Riverwalk. More information may be found at www.rses.org.
RSES Set for 70th Conference
August 6, 2007