RSES Set for 70th Conference
Among conference highlights will be several educational sessions scheduled throughout the conference and testing opportunities for Environmental Protection Agency Refrigerant Usage, Universal R-410A, and North American Technician Excellence. Also the RSES’ own Certificate Member and Certificate Member Specialist exams will be offered.
In addition, the conference will feature an HVACR technology expo featuring a number of exhibitors, the Manufacturers Service Advisory Council Ask the Experts panel, the association’s annual business meeting, industry tours, and spouses’ tours.
The seminar topics and speakers include:
• “Zoning … Bandage or Enhancement,” presented by Joe Ramunni, Arzel Zoning Technology Inc.
• “Combustion System Analysis for Safety, Efficiency and Opportunity,” Bob Dwyer, Bacharach Inc.
• “A Second Look at Secondaries for the First Time,” Wesley Taylor, Carlyle Compressor Co.
• “Energy Efficient Design and Air Treatment,” Jamie Kitchen, Danfoss.
• “Hydrocarbon Refrigerants: The Future of Refrigeration,” Norbert Lyssy, DuraFrio.
• “Fundamentals of Variable Scroll Technology,” John Roberts, Emerson Climate Technologies Educational Services Division.
• “Overview of Section 608 Regulatory Program,” Julius Banks, EPA.
• “Solenoid Valves For Refrigeration Systems,” Al Maier, Flow Controls Division of Emerson Climate Technology.
• “Field Controls,” John Cot-ton, Field Controls LLC.
• “Creating Comfortable In-door Environments: Complying with ASHRAE 55 & 62,” Greg Jourdan, CM, Wenatchee Valley College and Fluke Corp.
• “Ice Machine Maintenance and Service,” Danny Moore, Hoshizaki America Inc.
• “Wireless Temperature Monitoring and Data Collection using the Web,” Ebbe Hassl, Invensys Controls.
• “Uses of Electronic On/Off and Proportional Controls in Temperature, Pressure and Humidity Applications,” Agustin Cardona, Johnson Controls/Penn.
• “Compressor Starting Problems,” Fritz H. Schroeder, Kickstart®/OEM Products Inc.
• “Air Duct Board - Recommended Fabrication and Installation Techniques,” L.T. Aylor, Knauf Insulation.
• “The True Cost of Flex,” Chris Van Rite, M&M Manufacturing Co.
• “Preventive Maintenance Techniques and How They Differ for HFC and HCFC Systems,” Robert P. Scaringe, Ph.D, P.E., Mainstream Engineering Corp.
• “Working with Difficult People,” presented by Glen Goble, National Sales Co.
• “Removing the Mystery from Thermostatic Expansion Valves,” Dave Demma, Sporlan Valve Division, Parker Hannifin Corp.
• “Prodigy,” Robert Fernandez, Scotsman Ice Systems.
• “Is Everything Well When Your System’s Passing Gas,” Garth Denison, Sporlan Valve Division, Parker Hannifin Corp.
• “Troubleshooting Tools for Variable-Speed Air Movers,” Lou Sulfstede, Sulfstede Consulting Services, Inc.
• “Advanced A/C Clinic,” Jim Bergman, Testo Inc.
• “Air Filtration Basics,” Jim Rosenthal, CAFS, Tex-Air Filters/Air Relief Technologies.
The conference takes place at the Crown Plaza Riverwalk. More information may be found at www.rses.org.
Publication date: 08/06/2007