Carbon monoxide poisoning: Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless, tasteless, and non-irritating poisonous gas. Symptoms of CO poisoning can resemble the common flu - headaches, nausea, fatigue, confusion, and dizziness. These symptoms vary depending on a person's age and general health, level of physical activity, and the duration and concentration of the exposure. Any fuel-burning appliance, equipment, or engine has the potential to produce CO. This is more likely to occur if the equipment is poorly maintained, improperly operated or adjusted, or if a home has insufficient ventilation.
Staying warm while waiting for appliance service: Very cold weather can create heavy repair demand. Homeowners with heating problems may experience a service delay, even though technicians work overtime to meet this demand. Here are tips to keep warm while waiting for service:
Publication date: 01/16/2006