- Dr. C. Ben Wright will become the eighth president of Dunwoody Institute (Minneapolis, MN), a technical school that offers an associate degree in heating, effective July 1, 2002, replacing Frank Starke, who plans to retire after serving as president for seven years.
- The Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors Association of Milwaukee and Southeastern Wisconsin (PMC) elected Ed Tonn Jr. Butters-Fetting Co., Milwaukee as president; and Paul Price, Best Price Plumbing Company, Waukesha as vice president. Ron Lemke, Illingworth Corporation, Milwaukee, and John Promersberger, Pro-Tel, Inc., New Berlin were elected as board of director members for three-year terms. Dale Cox, Wenninger Company — An Exelon Co., New Berlin, was appointed to complete the term for a director who resigned.
The association also recognized several individuals for their service to the association and the industry.
The following people were honored for their service to the PMC board: Mike Schmitz, Cox Plumbing, Waukesha (1991-2001); and Dick Wenninger, Wenninger Company — An Exelon Co., New Berlin, (1997-2001).
The following individuals were awarded Life Memberships into the PMC Association in recognition of their years of service: Ned Baldus (retired), Joseph Wittig Co., Milwaukee; Ken Coffman., Downey Inc., Milwaukee; Mike Stram (retired); Milwaukee; and Dick Wenninger, Wenninger Company — An Exelon Co., New Berlin.
Ned Baldus (retired) was honored for his service as a trustee on the Plumbers Local 75 Health Fund Committee from 1978-2001.
Dave Baldus, Hydro-Flo, Inc., Brookfield, was recognized for his service to the PIDF board from 1986-2001.
Bob Willie, Hampton Plumbing Co. Milwaukee, was recognized for his service for service as president of the PMC board from 1999-2001.
Joan Schmitz, Cox Plumbing Co., Waukesha, was honored for her installation as National Auxiliary president of the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors — National Association.
Joan Braun, PMC executive vice president, was honored for her 25 years of service in the industry.
The Plumbing Industry Development Fund (PIDF) re-elected the following individuals to serve as directors for the 2001-2004 term:
- Ron Lemke, Illingworth Corporation, Milwaukee;
- Dennis Nowak, Clearview Plumbing, Waukesha; and
- Bob Willie, Hampton Plumbing Co., Inc., Milwaukee.
The Mechanical Contractors Development Fund (MCDF) re-elected the following individuals to serve as directors of a term of two years (2001-2003):
- Bob Faust, Faust Company, Inc., Milwaukee;
- Richard Gust, Mared Mechanical Contractors Corporation, Milwaukee; and
- Robert Wiedenhoefer, Thermo Dynamic Systems, Inc., Menomonee Falls.