- American Standard Companies Inc. (Piscataway, NJ) announced that George H. Kerckhove has retired as a member of the board of directors and an executive officer. The company also announced the appointment of Aris C. Chicles as director of business development.
- Vern Hellenbrand has retired as ceo of Research Products Corp. (Madison, WI) after more than 44 years with the company. Dean Pierringer has been promoted to the post, in addition to his duties as president. Larry Olsen has been promoted to executive vice president, and Mike McGowan has been named vice president.
- Semaphore, Inc. (New York, NY) has announced the appointment of John Stanton as president. Founder Ray King will assume the newly created position of ceo.
- J. Edward Buckley has been named vice president of human resources at EMCOR Group, Inc. (Norwalk, CT).
- Chuck Kimmet has been named controller and Russ Smith has been named quality assurance manager for Excel Comfort Systems (Blackville, SC).
- Mike Walters has been promoted to territorial manager for the Marketing and Distribution Department of Goettl Air Conditioning, Inc. (Phoenix, AZ).
- Claus Deligdisch has joined Isotherm Inc. (Arlington, TX) as sales manager covering U.S. and Canadian accounts.
- Munters Moisture Control Services (Irvine, CA) has named Jay Kranker an industrial customer account manager for southern California, southern Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii.
- Thomas R. Hollenbach, AIA, executive director of the Building Seismic Safety Council (BSSC) and Multihazard Mitigation Council (MMC) of the National Institute of Building Sciences, has resigned. Claret M. Heider, BSSC/MMC program manager, has been named acting executive director.
- The California Association of Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (California SMACNA) installed its 2000-01 executive committee at its annual convention. New officers are:
-- President Jordan Ehrenkranz, president of Ideal Heating and Air Conditioning, Santa Fe Springs; -- President-elect Gary Moore, president of Air-Ex Air Conditioning, Pomona; -- Treasurer Matthew Smith, chief financial officer of Smith Heating & Air Conditioning, Stockton; -- Secretary Ted Heathorn, president of N.V. Heathorn, Oakland; and -- Immediate past president Garland Self Jr., president of Selco Heating and Air Conditioning, Inc., San Jose.
- California SMACNA also announced that Ken Hammill of Capital Sheet Metal, Sacramento, received the 2000 Ed Banks Memorial Award as Contractor of the Year.
- The Plumbing and Mechanical Contractors Association of Northern Illinois (PAMCANI) elected new officers for 2000-01:
-- President William Schey Jr., president of Professional Plumbing, Barrington; -- First vice president Russ Wegner, president of Wegner Plumbing Co., Naperville; -- Second vice president Raymond Turner, owner of Lenert Plumbing, Inc., Naperville; -- Secretary Gary Rippentrop Sr., owner of G’s R Plumbing and Heating, DeKalb; and -- Treasurer Lori Abbott, owner of Abbott Industries, Inc., Bensenville.
- New officers were also elected by the Lake/McHenry (Illinois) Plumbing, Heating and Cooling Contractors Association (Lake/McHenry PHCC): -- President Allen Jensen, president of Jensen Plumbing & Heating, Inc., Woodstock; -- First vice president James Stewart, president of J.R. Stewart, Inc., Cary; -- Second vice president Albert Hertal, president of A.R. Hertal Plumbing & Heating, Grayslake; -- Treasurer Jeff Andrews, president of DiPietro Plumbing, Deerfield; and -- Secretary David Ariano, vice president of Ravinia Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc., Highland Park.
People: George H. Kerckhove of American Standard Companies Inc.
June 5, 2000