DULUTH, Ga. — On March 10, Nidec Global Appliance celebrates the 50th anniversary of one of its brands: Embraco. Embraco celebrated its anniversary by launching the “Refresh the Future” campaign.
Embraco Brand Timeline 1971-2021
1971 (10/03). Pioneer in Brazil: Creation of Embraco brand to respond to the national demand for compressors.
- PW, the first compressor launched.
- Starts the partnership with universities.
- EM compressor launch.
- North America office established.
- Foundry unit (Brazil)
- Components & Cooling factory (Brazil)
- Pioneer: compressors using natural refrigerants.
- Aspera brand acquisition (Italy).
- Beijing compressors factory (China).
- Slovakia compressors factory.
- Pioneer: launch of Variable Speed Compressor (VCC).
- Electronic components factory (China).
- Start of Embraco’s condensing units portfolio.
- Launch of VES family.
- Mexico compressors factory.
- Launch of the New Embraco brand logo.
- Plug n’ Cool launch.
- Sliding and BIOMA condensing units launch.
- Embraco becomes a product brand after being acquired by Nidec Corporation.
- ES and FMS launch: the first Embraco compressors in the sub-mini category.
- Annual Global Capacity: 45 million compressors and condensing units.