PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. — Carrier Global Corporation announced the company’s first set of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals since becoming an independent company in April. Carrier is targeting carbon neutrality across its operations by 2030. The company is also aiming to reduce its customers’ carbon footprint by more than one gigaton, supported by a planned investment of more than $2 billion over the next 10 years toward the development of healthier, safer, and more sustainable building and cold chain solutions.
“At Carrier, we are applying our industry-leading innovation to fight climate change through new energy-efficient product offerings and through lower emissions in our operations,” said Dave Gitlin, president & CEO, Carrier. “Our 2030 goals will drive our company to be a positive catalyst for societal change in our areas of expertise, including healthy buildings and the cold chain, as well as in the communities in which we operate around the world.”
The 2030 ESG Goals include a transformation of the company’s operations to be carbon-neutral, and the incorporation of sustainable design principles from manufacturing through end-of-life.
Additional goals include the following:
- Achieve carbon and water neutral operations and deliver zero-waste to landfill from manufacturing locations
- Establish a responsible supply chain program and assess key factory suppliers against program criteria
- Achieve gender parity in senior leadership roles and a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which Carrier’s employees live and work
- Positively impact communities through enabling access to safe and healthy indoor environments, alleviating hunger and food waste, and volunteering time and talent
- Invest in STEM education programs that promote diversity and inclusion, and promote sustainability through education, partnerships, and climate resiliency programs
- Maintain world-class safety metrics