In this month’s troubleshooting situation, you are responding to a restaurant manager’s call for service, and the equipment is a walk-in freezer that is supposed to maintain a cabinet temperature near 0°F. When you arrive, you observe the following:
- Cabinet temperature is 20° and ambient temperature is 75°
- The equipment is controlled by a temperature controller and a pump-down solenoid
- The evaporator and condenser fan motors are operating normally
- Both coils are clean and there is no obstruction limiting their air flow
- Liquid line sight glass is clear
- Compressor current draw is normal
As your next step, you perform a temperature test across the filter drier, which shows the results illustrated in Figure One.
Your troubleshooting question: What is the next step you need to take in servicing this equipment?
Let us know your answer here!