INDIANAPOLIS — Carrier and Bryant have announced the 25 recipients of this year’s Carrier & Bryant Distributors’ Education Foundation scholarships. Scholarship recipients will receive support for the 2019-2020 school year. Carrier and Bryant, world leaders in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions, are a part of Carrier, a leading global provider of innovative heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), refrigeration, fire, security and building automation technologies.
“We’re pleased to offer a way to help our contractors prepare their sons and daughters for success through the Carrier & Bryant Distributors’ Education Foundation,” said David Meyers, vice president, sales and distribution, Residential HVAC, Carrier and Bryant. “Our contractors are an invaluable part of our business, and this is just one small way we can give back and say ‘thank you’ for their support and contributions.”
Established in 1981, the Carrier & Bryant Distributors’ Education Foundation was created to commemorate the late William A. Blees for his many significant contributions to Carrier distributors. Today, the foundation continues to serve the children of dealers and contractors while also honoring our industry’s founder, Dr. Willis Carrier.
A post-secondary scholarship fund is a fitting memorial because Dr. Carrier attended Cornell University on a full, four-year merit scholarship. He earned a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, became a successful inventor and business person, and, in 1902, invented modern air conditioning. Dr. Carrier was a consummate scientist and an educator, but he might not have attended college without financial assistance.
Scholarships from the foundation are available to children of Carrier and Bryant dealers and contractors and their employees throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Scholarship finalists are selected based on their demonstrated performance in school. Leadership, motivation and involvement in extracurricular activities are also taken into consideration.
The full list of the 2019 Carrier & Bryant Distributors’ Education Foundation scholarship recipients include:
- Joseph Alvarez, Tallahassee, Florida
- Jaclynne Carden, Columbiana, Alabama
- Madison Cook, Queen Creek, Arizona
- Hunter Crist, Watervliet, Michigan
- Cayden Diefenbach, Omak, Washington
- Rachel Hammes, Vancouver, Washington
- Jorden Harber, Somis, California
- Kaylee Houseman, Springfield, Ohio
- Audrey Kamper, Potosi, Missouri
- Luke Kilgore, New Market, Alabama
- Austin Koppeis, Farmington, Missouri
- William Kulis, Kent, Ohio
- Chloe McDaniel, Ankeny, Iowa
- Avery McNeill, Florala, Alabama
- Colleen Mock, Maryville, Illinois
- Danielle Owens, Columbus, Mississippi
- Jaydin Romalia, Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin
- Daniel Scheer, Glenview, Illinois
- Elyse Travis, Coatsburg, Illinois
- Katie Woods, Minocqua, Wisconsin
Submit a press release here!