SUWANEE, Ga. — Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US (METUS) held its annual Diamond Service Group (DSG) Conference at the Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta. The conference is an annual meeting of technical service support professionals who receive training and technical support for METUS commercial and residential heating and cooling systems.
The DSG network comprises more than 290 technical service support professionals employed by distributors in North America, Latin America, and the Caribbean. DSG members serve as the local customer contact for troubleshooting and offer support for all installed METUS systems.
“Once a year, DSG members have the opportunity to network with peers, professionals and METUS support staff for comprehensive service training and new product updates to enhance their technical support skills for an evolving industry and customer base,” said Mark Rogers, senior manager, national service and program operations, METUS. “Contractors depend on distributors and their DSG members within local markets for their technical expertise and excellence. This conference reinforces METUS’ commitment to continuing technical education through discussions, intensive sessions, and other training experiences.”
At the conference, METUS presented several esteemed awards to recognize the success of distributors and their DSG team members in areas of technical case management, field-service support, technical training, and overall product support.
The 2019 National DSG Distributor of the Year Award was presented to Meier Supply Co. Inc. and its DSG support group. The team was recognized for its exceptional product and contractor support, as well as its skill set and service of METUS products.
The 2019 Regional Business Unit DSG Distributor of the Year Award is presented to companies in each business unit. The following companies were recognized for achievements in the prior year:
- Ed Brink and Chuck Gaylord, Meier Supply Co., Conklin, New York, Northeast Business Unit
- Karl Weichman, Air Conditioning Utilities Inc., Kearney, Nebraska, Central Business Unit
- Paul Hale, Lyon, Conklin & Co. Inc., Richmond, Virginia, Southern Business Unit
- Ryan "Buda" Suda, Air Conditioning Warehouse, Honolulu, West Business Unit
- Robert Bergeron, Gulf Coast Air Systems, Lafayette, Louisiana, Southwest Business Unit
- Jose Chacon, Pro-Tech Mechanical Contractors Aruba Nev., Oranjestad, Aruba, International Business Unit
For more information about METUS’ products, visit www.metahvac.com.
Publication date: 5/6/2019