HOUSTON — Daikin North America LLC announced the launch of BIM portal, a web-portal selector of Revit and CAD files for Daikin brand products, including VRV, Sky-Air, single- and multi-zone systems, rooftop units, and light commercial split systems. This database-driven, web-based selector enhances the customer experience by generating Revit files and CAD drawings on the fly.
The launch of the BIM portal also introduces a complete update of existing Daikin Revit families – with improved BIM functionality to optimize coordination and collaboration efforts within the design team including architects and consulting engineers, as well as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing contractors. It allows users to select products, choose required file formats, and download selected products in batch. Supported file formats include:
- Revit (.rfa): version 2011 – 2017
- CAD (.dxf, .sat, .step, .igs, etc.)
- Picture (.jpg, .png, .bmp, .xml, etc.).
The portal also allows users to insert files directly into the software of their choice. Examples of supported software include AutoCAD, Catia, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, Solid Works, and TurboCAD. The updated Revit families improve on preexisting Revit families regarding:
- Dimension constraints (clearances, clash detection, etc.)
- Unit structure (Multi-Poise, rear/bottom suction, etc.)
- Data completeness with full dataset (usually included in the submittal data sheet.)
- Criteria check between specification manual and real design data (checks the input value is within a specification range, if a selected part is available for the unit model number, etc.)
The portal is accessible at daikincity.com homepage board, as well as linked through Daikin City (daikincity.com) when searching for specific products in the library. The portal will include continuous Revit and CAD file updates as new products become available.