With the introduction of the Luxaire® residential touch-screen thermostat from Johnson Controls Inc., contractors now have a complete Luxaire home comfort system to offer homeowners. Engineered and designed to ensure system fit and integration with Luxaire products, the thermostat is compatible with any conventionally wired HVAC system.
The thermostat features short-range wireless connectivity or near-field communication and a dedicated distributor app available on Android-equipped devices that allow contractors to pre-configure settings before arriving at a residence and provide ongoing remote support.
The thermostat also connects homeowners to their HVAC system via their smartphones, tablets or computers by downloading Luxaire’s Thermostat 280 app and accessing their systems through Wi-Fi®, 3G or 4G. If connectivity is lost or the temperature in the home exceeds pre-set limits, a push notification is sent to the homeowner’s mobile device. The system also receives software updates automatically via over-the-air updates when connected to Wi-Fi.
Additional features include:
• Easy-to-read, program and service hexagon interface.
• Quick heat and cool feature for short-term, high-capacity heating or cooling to reach set points more quickly.
• Real-time notifications and alerts.
• Pre-set modes that offer quick access to alternate settings.
• Proximity sensor that detects motion from 1 to 6 feet away.