Mitsubishi Electric US Cooling & Heating Division (Mitsubishi Electric) has announced an addition to its Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) zoning S-Series cooling and heating systems for homes and light commercial spaces. The updated S-Series PUMY-P60 model is the only 5-ton, single-phase VRF zoning system designed for this market. It can operate at as low as 22 percent of total system capacity for maximum energy efficiency. Other enhancements include longer line lengths, high efficiencies and expanded indoor zone capacities.
The following are key features of the new S-Series model:
- Operational down to minus 4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Extended line length to 492 feet.
- Improved efficiency at 16.7 SEER.
- Ability to connect to up to 12 indoor units.
- Compatible with all Mitsubishi Electric indoor unit styles.
The S-Series outdoor units take advantage of Mitsubishi Electric’s INVERTER-driven compressor technology and use intelligent microprocessor controls for superior operation. The S-Series also benefits from the extensive controls options offered by the CITY MULTI® Controls Network (CMCN).