ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI) has added three new courses to the 23 offerings in its 2018 online instructor-led course schedule.
The course “Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS),” taking place on March 20, covers the latest in DOAS application, design, and control for this very popular means to providing ventilation for a building, particular for low-energy, max tech and zero energy buildings. This course supplements material presented in the ASHRAE Design Guide for Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS).
“Save 30% while Complying with ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2013,” to be held on May 8, provides guidance on the use of ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1, which is used by many state and local jurisdictions. Key updates for each of the major building systems are presented, including HVAC system, lighting system, building envelope, service water heating, and power.
The course “Understanding and Designing Chilled-Beam Systems,” to be held on May 15 and Nov. 8, provides a review of HVAC fundamentals as they relate to chilled-beam system design and how to properly identify and control equipment and components that optimize design. Chilled-beam systems save on cooling and transport energy by decoupling most or all of the space sensible loads from the air-distribution system and removing them with water, more efficient heat transfer medium in some applications.
Through the instructor-led online courses, industry experts present three-hour sessions on such other HVAC&R topics areas as commissioning, energy efficiency, HVAC applications and specialized HVAC environments. Participants will receive access to a recorded version of the courses for which they are registered for continuing reference.
To register, visit www.ashrae.org/onlinecourses. The following is the full 2018 course schedule:
- Commissioning Process in New & Existing Buildings - Two-Part Course, April 23 and April 30
- IT Equipment Design Evolution and Data Center Operation Optimization, March 22
- Designing Toward Net-Zero Energy Commercial Buildings, April 5
- Building Demand Response and the Coming Smart Grid, July 9
- Humidity Control I: Design Tips and Traps, Aug. 21
- Humidity Control II: Real-World Problems and Solutions, Aug. 28
- Energy Modeling Best Practices and Applications - Two-Part Course, Oct. 2 and Oct. 4
- Latest in High-Performance Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS), March 20
- Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Applications: Best Practices, April 10
- Understanding and Designing Chilled-Beam Systems, May 15 and Nov. 8
- Design of Affordable and Efficient Ground Source Heat Pump Systems, June 12
- Optimizing Indoor Environment: Increasing Building Value - Two-Part Course, June 18 and June 19
- Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design and Applications, July 18 and Nov. 28
- Designing and Operating High-Performing Healthcare HVAC Systems, Sep. 18
- High-Performance Building Design: Applications and Future Trends, Oct. 29
- Variable Refrigerant Flow System: Design and Applications, Nov. 28
Standards and Guidelines
- Save 30% while Complying with ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013, May 8 and Nov. 6
- Complying with ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2016: Appendix G, May 10
- Fundamental and Application of ASHRAE Standard 55, May 23
- Successfully Managing the Risk of Legionellosis Using ASHRAE Standard 188-2015, Sept. 12
- Fundamental Requirements of Standard 62.1-2013, Dec. 18\
Publication date: 2/21/2018