DOE Issues a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Pertaining Energy Conservation Standards for Walk-In Cooler and Freezer Refrigeration Systems
The Department of Energy (DOE) has issued a pre-publication Federal Register notice of proposed rulemaking pertaining to energy conservation standards for walk-in coolers and freezers refrigeration systems (August 30, 2016).
DOE proposes prescribing energy conservation standards for certain categories of walk-in cooler and freezer refrigeration systems and plans to hold a public meeting to receive comment on these proposed standards along with their accompanying analyses.
- DOE will hold a public meeting on Thursday, September 29, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m at DOE's Forrestal Building, Room 4A-104, 1000 Independence Ave., S.W., Washington, D.C.
- To attend the meeting please contact the Appliance and Equipment Standards Staff at (202) 586-6636 or Appliance_Standards_Public_Meetings@ee.doe.gov.
- To register for the webinar.
- The comment period closes 60 days after publication in the Federal Register.
- Find more information on the rulemaking, including statutory authority, waivers, exceptions, exemptions, and contact information.
- All notices, public comments, public meeting transcripts, and supporting documents associated with this rulemaking are included in Docket No. EERE–2015–BT–STD–0016.