BIG RAPIDS, Mich. — The Ferris State University HVACR Program announced it is sponsoring its third Regional Instructor Workshop from Aug. 1-3, 2016 at the Granger Center for Construction and HVACR.
HVACR instructors will have the opportunity to learn about Ferris and the opportunities for continuing education available to their students. In addition, HVACR industry partners will present a variety of technical sessions, including:
• Keynote address by Dr. Kitty Manley, graduate professor in the College of Education and Human Services — “A Sharper Focus on Technical Workers in the HVACR Industry”
• Donald Prather, technical services manager with ACCA, will present on: 1) “ACCA’s Educational Offerings and Free Training Materials,” and 2) “ACCA’s Technicians Guide and Workbook For Quality Installations”
• Tom Jackson of Jackson Systems LLC will present on “Bypass Options with Forced Air Systems”
• Emerson will have two presentations: 1) “How to Prevent Compressor Failures,” and 2) “Compressor Modulation Technology and Regulations”
• Joel Gorski of Hedrick Associates will present on: 1) “Liebert Econophase (DX cooling without the compressor),” and 2) “Mitsubishi VRF Heat Recovery (How Does it Work and Why is it Popular)”
• Norm Hall, president of RL Deppmann, representing B&G, will present on “Hydronic Systems with Viscous Fluids for Residential and Light Commercial Applications”
• Craig Sekowski and Alice Hill of Cengage Learning will present on “Technology in the HVAC Classroom”
• Jeff Salisbury and Joe Karnaz of CPI Fluids Engineering will present on “Alternative Refrigerants Challenges in a Low GWP World — from a Lubricant Suppliers Perspective”
• Douglas Zentz, HVAC program coordinator, will conduct a session on “Making it easy for students to transfer into the Bachelor of Science in HVAC and Energy Management degree at Ferris State University”
For more information on the workshop, and for information about sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, visit www.ferris.edu/cps/hvacr/index.htm.
Publication date: 6/22/2016