WASHINGTON — The Alliance to Save Energy has announced the winners of its 2015 Star of Energy Efficiency awards. The alliance said that, over the past 23 years, it has recognized more than 100 leaders and innovators in the field of energy efficiency.
The 2015 winners include the following:
• Cinemark Theatres is being recognized with the Built Environment award for its environmental sustainability program, Cinemark Reel Green. In the past year, Cinemark’s efforts have saved 41,570,375 kWh and $4.4 million through facility energy efficiency upgrades.
• Danfoss is being honored with the Innovative Star award for its Turbocor oil-free variable speed compressors, which the alliance said are transforming the commercial HVAC market. Compared to an equivalent fixed speed screw chiller, the Turbocor compressor technology is said to provide up to 35 percent energy savings.
• L'Oreal USA is being honored with the Industry & Manufacturing award for achieving 57 percent CO2 reduction and 40 percent water reduction in operations as part of L'Oreal’s global sustainability strategy, Sharing Beauty With All.
• Public Service Electric & Gas (PSE&G) is being recognized as the Power Generation & Supply award winner for two of its energy efficiency programs. Its Hospital Efficiency Program and Residential Multifamily Housing Program both provide upfront funding for efficiency upgrades in facilities where initial cost of a retrofit is prohibitive.
• Aurora Winslade is receiving the Rising Star of Energy Efficiency: Student award for her accomplishments as an undergraduate and MBA student and for her work as the transformational program manager at Hawaii Energy, the electric utility rate-payer funded conservation and efficiency program for Hawaii, Honolulu, and Maui counties.
• Daniel Hill, co-founder and president of Green Impact Campaign (GIC), is the Rising Star of Energy Efficiency: Young Professional award winner. GIC is a non-profit that provides university students with cloud-based tools and training to conduct free energy efficiency assessments for small businesses in their community.
On Sept. 17 over 500 industry leaders will gather for an awards dinner at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium in Washington, D.C., to honor the achievements of these winners. For more information about the dinner or this year’s winners, visit www.ase.org/dinner.
Publication date: 6/15/2015