• ACCA (Arlington, Virginia) announced an agreement with the Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) to publish the “I=B=R Residential Hydronic Heating Guide” as well as “The H-22 Heat Loss Calculation Guide,” the H-22 worksheets, and ¼ Scale House Plans.
• The Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH) Board of Directors voted in favor of renaming the CIPH Atlantic Region the CIPH Maritime Region.
• The National Comfort Institute (NCI) named Gary Hawthorne Southern California operations manager.
• RSES (Rolling Meadows, Illinois) granted certificate member status to Jose Medina, J.F. Townsend, and Lou Abruzzese.
• The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association’s (SMACNA) first edition of the “Phenolic Duct Construction Standard,” an American standard that provides basic phenolic duct fabrication and installation standards, is now available.
Publication date: 5/25/2015