March 24, 2015: Trane Offers New Building Energy Services
Energy Can Be the Single Largest Operating Expense in a Typical Commercial Building
BALTIMORE — Trane, a brand of Ingersoll Rand, has introduced its new Trane Building Advantage brand, a suite of energy services offerings to assist building owners and managers with managing and operating efficient and sustainable buildings.
“Energy can be the single largest operating expense in a typical commercial building, with energy used by U.S. commercial and industrial buildings costing about $200 billion annually,” said Jason Bingham, vice president of energy services and controls for Trane. “Trane has built upon our core expertise in heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems and services to provide building owners with even more comprehensive services that give them better control over their buildings and energy use, and achieve results that matter for their organizations.”
A Trane representative from one of its U.S. or Canadian locations will work with the building owner and facility manager to learn about the building’s mission and purpose, and business objectives. From there, a building solution is designed to meet the needs of the owner, the building, and its total lifecycle. Trane’s Building Advantage energy solutions can include:
• Building Controls and Automation — Trane Tracer® controls provide the technology platform for high performance buildings. The company has introduced two new building controls solutions — Air-Fi™ and Trane Tracer Concierge.
Air-Fi wireless technology for building controls replaces the need for wired building controls, allowing installations to be completed quickly with less disruption to occupants in existing buildings, while also providing reliability, simplified installation, and greater flexibility as building spaces change.
Trane Tracer Concierge is designed to simplify day-to-day operation of building HVAC and lighting systems. Concierge provides the ability to manage multiple rooms and both HVAC and lighting equipment from one interface, so users get advanced control capabilities compared to programmable thermostats.
• Energy Management Systems and Services — These are a comprehensive set of building energy management services that process information for review, facilitate analysis to show how much and when a building consumes energy, and help develop and implement strategies to control energy and operational costs. With intelligent services, Trane integrates technology, advanced analytics, and its expertise to turn building data into actionable insights, to optimize business performance.
• Renewable Energy and Power Solutions — These are clean energy alternatives such as wind, solar, cogeneration, and waste-to-power, which can help building owners and operators increase their energy autonomy and fulfill regulatory or other sustainability obligations. These solutions can reduce costs while improving the reliability of the energy source.
• Energy Contracting allows organizations to use future energy and operational savings to help finance infrastructure improvements upfront. Energy contracting is a funding option that provides measurable business results to support strategic organizational objectives. Trane is a NAESCO-accredited energy services company.
Trane Building Advantage energy solutions range from design and implementation of energy savings projects to retrofitting and improving existing systems. Trane energy contracting services, over time, can largely pay for themselves with minimal impact on cash flow or capital investment required.
• Energy Procurement and Management Services offer supply and service expertise to help building owners secure reliable, competitively sourced and priced electricity and natural gas along with a suite of reporting services for building energy management.
Fellon McCord, a Trane affiliate with more than 20 years of experience serving commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers, helps clients reduce energy costs by applying expertise in electricity and natural gas markets, securing the best pricing and contract terms from suppliers, and delivering market intelligence and customer service.
For more information, visit www.trane.com.
Publication date: 3/23/2015