• The American Gas Association (AGA) named Terry McCallister board of directors’ chairman for 2015.
• The Alliance to Save Energy (Washington, District of Columbia) named Gil Quiniones and Clinton Vince to its board of directors.
• The Copper Development Association (CDA) honored Dustin Kinzel with the Best Copper Project in the pipe fitter category at the 2014 United Association’s (UA) International Apprenticeship Competition.
• The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association (PHCC) awarded $2,500 scholarships to Joshua Anderson, Kirkwood Community College; Zachary Charland, Worcester Polytechnic Institute; Adam Girardi, San Diego PHCC plumbing apprentice program; Alex Moses, University of St. Thomas; Brian Prenger, PHCC Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties’ apprentice program; and Eric Teran, San Diego PHCC apprentice program.
• Building Performance Institute Inc. (BPI) released the second edition of the Building Science Principles Certificate of Knowledge exam and companion reference guide.
Publication date: 11/3/2014