HOUSTON — RectorSeal® Corp. has introduced RectorSeal Blue+™, a non-setting, multi-purpose, lead-free, blue-colored pipe thread sealant approved for use in multiple plumbing and HVACR residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Blue+ is unrestricted for use with all threaded metal, polyethylene, fiberglass reinforced, PVC, CPVC, and ABS pipe.
According to the company, Blue+ features a smooth, easily-brushed texture with polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) resin-enrichment and synthetic fibers providing maximum sealing and lubrication performance. The patented formula does not separate during storage due to a unique technology that homogenously suspends the compound’s particles. It was developed by the company’s in-house laboratory chemists to ensure chemical compatibility with Lubrizol Corp.’s FlowGuard Gold®, BlazeMaster®, and Corzan® pipe and fittings.
Other Blue+ features are:
• Meets lead-free potable water requirements of the U.S. Safe Drinking Water Act in the NSF/ANSI Standard 61, Annex G and also the Canadian Standards Association (CSA);
• Approved for use on all metal pipe including galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, and stainless steel;
• Is a non-toxic, low odor, non-flammable compound suitable for working in small or non-ventilated spaces;
• Is non-hardening, requires no curing time, and can be pressurized immediately after applying; and
• Works with both hot and cold potable water systems.
It is available through plumbing and HVACR wholesalers in ¼-pint brush top cans, ½-pint brush top cans, one-pint brush top cans, quarts with brushes, and one-gallon cans.
For more information, visit www.rectorseal.com.
Publication date: 7/21/2014