• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) is seeking comments for its BSR/ACCA 12 QH -201x, “Home Evaluation and Performance Improvement” as a revised industry standard. Deadline for comments is Feb. 23.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) has opened registration for its first International Conference on Energy and Indoor Environment for Hot Climates, scheduled for Feb. 24-26 in Doha, Qatar.
• The Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) selected Chris Compton as a fellow for 2014.
• The International Grooving & Grinding Association (IGGA) named Jake Steinberg as president, Terrance Kraemer as vice president, Chris Priest as secretary, Scott Eilken as treasurer, Tom Bonness Jr. as immediate past president, Jerry Voigt as director, and Jason Seovic as international director.
• The American Society of Plumbing Engineers (ASPE) is celebrating its 50th anniversary.
• The Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) will hold its manufacturers/wholesalers division product section meetings April 8 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
Publication date: 2/10/2014