• The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) formed an exclusive strategic partnership with Underwriter Laboratories (UL) centered on building product transparency and occupant safety and health.
• IAPMO R&T (Ontario, Calif.) announced IAPMO/ANSI S1001.1 “Design and Installation of Solar Water Heating Systems” has been approved by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) as an American national standard.
• The Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH) announced a 1.7 percent increase in total estimated sales of HVACR-related products from $548 million in 2012 to $557 million in 2013.
• ESCO Press (Washington) released its latest book, the 19th edition of Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
• The Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation’s (MCERF) board of trustees elected Mechanical Contractors Association of America (MCAA) 2012 president Mark Rogers as the foundation’s new president.
Publication date: 1/27/2014