“It is encouraging to see both large and small markets experiencing continued improvements as the housing market maintains steady stabilization. Moving into 2014, sustained recovery will push the market forward with markets in the West and heartland area leading the pack,” said Brock MacLean, executive vice president of Homes.com. “These price gains are restoring millions of homeowners to positive equity and are reviving local real estate markets across the country.”
The latest Homes.com Local Market Index reports the following:
• Year-over-year increases in all top 300 markets.
• Monthly increases in 88 of the top 100 markets and in 165 of the 200 midsized markets.
• Honolulu, Hawaii, remains the top gaining market on a year-over-year basis, with a 29.69 index point or 13.43 percent increase.
• California markets [Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.; San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, Calif., San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.; Bakersfield-Delano, Calif.] are the remaining four in the top five. Year over year, they increased 28.18, 27.05, 26.66, and 22.05 index points, respectively.
• Of the top 10 monthly gaining markets from the top 100, five are in the West.
Publication date: 1/6/2014