HVAC Organizations: Nov. 25, 2013
• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) promoted Charlie McCrudden (below, left) to senior vice president of government relations and Craig Gotthardt (below, right) to vice president of information systems.
• HVAC Excellence (Washington) accredited the HVAC program at South Technical High School (Sunset Hills, Mo.).
• The Plumbing-Heating-Cooling-Contractors Association (PHCC) honored David Gans as its instructor of the year.
• The American Institute of Architects’ (AIA) Architecture Billings Index, an economic indicator of nonresidential construction, rose to 54.3 in September, up from 53.8 in August.
• The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) launched variable-frequency drive and datacom cooling equipment certification programs.
• The National Air Filtration Association (NAFA) awarded its Lifetime Achieve-ment award to James Hanley (right).
• The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA) announced its “Achieving Spatial Coordination through BIM — A Guide for Specialty Contractors” is available at its publications store.
Publication date: 11/25/2013