HVAC Organizations: Nov. 18, 2013
• The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will host a webinar to explain its Energy Star Verified HVAC Installation Program at 1 p.m. ET on Nov. 19.
• RSES (Rolling Meadows, Ill.) announced that executive vice president Mark Lowry (pictured) will retire when his contract expires in June.
• Air Movement and Control Association Intl. Inc. (Arlington Heights, Ill.) elected Geoff Sheard as president, Victor Colwell as chairman of the board, Patrick Cockrum as vice president, and Tim Kilgore as treasurer. John Knapp was inaugurated as secretary and Dan Hartlein was elected to the board of directors.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) published Standard 62.1-2013, “Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality,” which sets minimum ventilation rates and other requirements for commercial and institutional buildings.
• The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) and the Refrigerating Engineers & Technicians Association (RETA) announced a partnership to develop a new energy-efficiency certification for industrial refrigeration operators.
Publication date: 11/18/2013