• The Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) announced its Contractor Comfort Index was 67 for September 2013, up from 56 in September 2012.
• ASHRAE (Atlanta) is seeking presenters and posters for its High Performance Buildings Conference to be held April 7-8 in San Francisco.
• The Canadian Institute of Plumbing & Heating (CIPH) named Shamus A. Allidina as technical advisor for codes & standards.
• The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) will host a conference on the Low-GWP Alternative Refrigerants Evaluation Program (AREP) on Jan. 16 in New York City.
• The Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association’s (SMACNA) “Round Industrial Duct Construction Standards,” third edition, 2013, was reaccredited by the American National Standards Institute’s (ANSI) Board of Standards Review.
Publication date: 10/21/2013