• Trane (Carmel, Ind.) applications engineer John Murphy was the recipient of the ASHRAE Journal award for 2012.
• Frigidaire’s (St. Louis) FS4BI iQ Drive air conditioner was named a Consumers Digest Best Buy.
• Miller Electric Mfg. Co. (Appleton, Wis.) consolidated the Smith Equipment (Watertown, S.D.) oxy-fuel cutting equipment product line under the Miller brand.
• Sherwood Valve LLC (Washington, Pa.) named Mike Palinkas (below, left) as vice president of sales, and Tim Madden (below, right) as key account manager.
• A.O. Smith (Milwaukee) awarded employees at its McBee, S.C., plant with the 2012 Chairman’s Green Star award for reducing natural gas, electricity, and water consumption at the location.
• Unico Inc. (St. Louis) received a General Services Administration (GSA) Multiple Award Schedule 56-B contract, allowing its products to be sold to the federal government.
Publication date: 8/26/2013