• Lennox Industries (Dallas) announced a 1-6 percent price increase, effective Dec. 5, on all commercial equipment including package rooftop units, commercial split systems, air handlers, and commercial accessories.
• Aireco and M&M Controls have been named Belimo Platinum Distributors for 2012.
• Modern Supply Co., a kitchen, bath, lighting and HVAC distributor, has been selected as the overall winner for WIT & Company’s WHAM (WIT Honors Achievements in Marketing) marketing award for 2010 innovative marketing initiatives.
• Meier Supply Company Inc. (Johnson City, N.Y.) has hired Lloyd Gala as the new HVAC Territory Manager responsible for the Rochester and Syracuse, N.Y., markets.
• Ferguson (Newport News, Va.) ended the year with revenues of $8.8 billion, a 9 percent increase in like for like sales over last year. This marks 16 consecutive months of positive like-for-like sales, which measures growth through Ferguson’s existing stores or branches that have been open for at least one year.
• Venstar® announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Bruce-Rogers Co. of Fort Smith, Ark., for the distribution of Venstar HVAC Control Products throughout Arkansas.
• Heating, Airconditioning and Refrigeration Distributors International (HARDI) announced the board’s unanimous vote of the first members in the recently developed Affiliate Partner and Energy Efficiency Partner membership categories. William Blair & Company is HARDI’s first Affiliate Partner member. Resource Solutions Group (RSG) is the first member as a HARDI Energy Efficiency Partner.
• The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) announced that the California Energy Commission (CEC) use the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance to determine compliance with Title 20 for mini-split central air conditioner and heat pump systems with dual-, multi-, or variable-speed compressors.
• The American Supply Association (ASA) gave Nick Giuffre, president and CEO of Bradford White Corp., the Fred V. Keenan Lifetime Achievement Award as part of the ASA’s Annual Convention.
Publication date: 11/28/2011