ATLANTA - The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) has announced 12 online professional development courses to be offered this fall through the ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI). The online courses allow attendees to log in to learn from anywhere with an Internet connection. Course participants earn three professional development hours, 0.3 continuing education units, or three American Institute of Architects learning units for each seminar completed. Courses are instructor-led, drawing upon the professional knowledge of leading practitioners.
The 12 courses are:
• Understanding Standard 189.1 for High-Performance Green Buildings, Sept. 22
• Determining Energy Savings from Energy-Efficient Projects: Applying IPMVP and Guideline 14 to Performance Contracting and LEED, Sept. 27
• Energy Management in New and Existing Buildings, Sept. 29
• Complying with Requirements of Standard 62.1-2010, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, Oct. 6
• The Basics of Panel Heating and Cooling, Oct. 13
• Complying with Standard 90.1-2010: HVAC/Mechanical (New) – two dates – Oct. 18 and 25
• Complying with Standard 90.1-2010: Envelope/Lighting (New), Oct. 20
• The Commissioning Process and Guideline 0, The Commissioning Process (co-sponsored with Building Commissioning Authority, Illuminating Engineering Society of North America and National Environmental Balancing Bureau), Oct. 27
• Engineering for Sustainability: Understanding Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Technologies and Applications, Nov. 1
• Introduction to Cleanrooms, Nov. 3
• Understanding and Designing Dedicated Outside Air Systems, Nov. 10
The cost of each course is $224 ($164, ASHRAE members). Site licenses are available to organizations that will be having five or more seminar participants. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-539-1146. To register, visit www.ashrae.org/onlinecourses.
Aug. 19, 2010: ASHRAE Announces 12 Online Educational Courses to be Offered This Fall
August 19, 2010