DES PLAINES, Ill. - The Refrigeration Service Engineers Society (RSES) added six sessions to enhance its educational program during the RSES 73rd Annual Conference at the Hilton Tucson El Conquistador Golf & Tennis Resort in Tucson, Ariz., on Nov. 9-13. The conference will focus on education as well as many industry-related topics and the theme will be, “A Thirst for Knowledge.”
The six new educational sessions include:
• “Understanding Digital Compressor Operation and Diagnostics,” by Steve Brown of Emerson Climate Technologies. Brown will cover the design, operation and service of various advanced compressor systems.
• “The Nuts and Bolts of Refrigerant Conversions,” by Dave Demma, CM, of United Refrigeration Inc. Demma will provide an overview of today’s refrigerant replacements for R-22 and a detailed step-by-step procedure to converting an R-22 refrigeration system.
• “Everything You Need to Know about TAB,” will be led by Tom Hanlon of TME Inc. Hanlon will detail testing, adjusting, and balancing including: TAB certification programs; issues relating to construction team members; what TAB can do for a building’s performance; and real-world TAB issues.
• “Service Management Excellence,” will be led by Jim Johnson of Technical Training Associates. Johnson will provide attendees with a practical approach to managing a service department, hiring effectively, supervising, leading, coaching, and mentoring a service team. The first 30 attendees will also receive the Service Management Excellence E-Book.
• “Exploring Radiant,” will be led by Kolyn Marshall of Watts Radiant Inc. Marshall will explore radiant topics including: heat transfer theory; thermal properties; materials used; primary and secondary piping practices; and how to design and utilize radiant heat systems into existing structures.
• “R-22 Alternatives,” will be led by Stephen Spletzer of Arkema Inc. Spletzer will discuss the phase-out of R-22 and issues surrounding the use of currently available retrofits. Specific emphasis will be placed on best retrofit practices, comparisons of physical properties and operating traits of retrofit refrigerants, lab testing and field experience.
Publication date: 09/13/2010