MINNEAPOLIS - Thermo King is encouraging its customers to adhere to the following maintenance suggestions made by its Tech Tips. According to the company, these tips will help improve maintenance programs, maximizing equipment efficiency and run time.
• Engines: Any time you replace an engine, it is recommended you install a new oil pressure switch, a new water temperature switch and a new coolant thermostat.
• Compressor: When replacing a compressor, always replace the drier and install a compressor oil filter kit. Thermo King also recommends running the unit for a few hours at testing with the oil test kit to validate the compressor oil is acceptable. Always remember to closely inspect the compressor drive bushings for wear.
• Alternator: Any time you change an alternator, Thermo King recommends installing a new drive belt to ensure maximum uptime before the next related service.
• Starter: Any time you replace a starter, always test the battery and the charging system for performance.
• Refrigeration: Any time a refrigeration system is open for service, we recommend you change the drier to ensure maximum system performance. If the system is open for any amount of time, Thermo King also recommends testing the compressor oil with an oil test kit to ensure the oil is not contaminated.
For more information, visit www.thermoking.com.
Publication date: 04/12/2010
Thermo King Offers Tech Tips
April 12, 2010