Nov. 24, 2009: State Energy Officials to Convene Zero-Energy Commercial Buildings Consortium
The Consortium will include representatives from more than 300 organizations from the following building areas:
• The design professions, including national associations of architects and engineers
• The development, construction, financial, and real estate industries
• Manufacturers and providers of equipment used in high-performance green buildings
• Experts in indoor air quality and environmental factors
• Experts in intelligent buildings and integrated building information systems
• Building owners and operators from the public and private sectors
• Academic and research organizations with extensive commercial building energy expertise
• Building code agencies and organizations, including a model energy code-setting organization
• Independent high-performance green building associations or councils
• Utility energy efficiency programs
• Non-governmental energy efficiency organizations
The intent of the consortium is to provide access to technical expertise, communicate the emergence of new technologies to the commercial building community, and promote the demonstration of high-performance building technologies. A steering committee made up of NASEO members and lighting, window, and HVAC suppliers will outline and drive the consortium’s goals and objectives.
More information about the Zero-Energy Commercial Buildings Consortium is available at http://zeroenergycbc.org.
Publication date: 11/23/2009