Feb. 3, 2010: MCAA Adds New Speakers for 2010 Convention
New speakers who will address the challenges of tough economic times include:
• John Koontz, director of MCAA’s National Education Initiative, on the “Upside of the Downturn”;
• ENR’s Stephen Jones on “Lessons Learned: The Keys to Building Your Bridge to Success”; and
• Attorney Michael Duffee on “Unfunded Pension Liability: Everything a Contractor Should Know.”
Lawrence P. Carr, Ph.D., is new to the lineup of speakers who will help contractors with day-to-day business challenges, such as keeping operations running smoothly and efficiently and maintaining a motivated and productive workforce. His session is called “Delivering Results: Managing What Matters.”
Two new sessions will help contractors who are seeking or want to renew their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) credentials. “New Technologies, Lessons and Market Opportunities in Water Conservation, Reuse and Recycling” with Jerry Yudelson, LEED AP, will discuss the findings of a 2009 research project funded by MCAA’s Mechanical Contracting Education & Research Foundation. In “Opportunities in Net Zero Energy Buildings,” Tim Wentz, P.E., LEED AP, and other industry professionals will explain this potential business opportunity.
Additional speakers added to the schedule include:
• Kevin Armistead, Don Brown Jr., and Ken Durr on “How to Set Up a Peer Group”
• Robert Lake and Richard Starr on “Best Practices for Success in the Service Industry”
• Members of MCAA’s Manufacturer/Supplier Council on “Tips for ‘Buying American’”
• Walter Sperko on “Welding and Brazing-Are You Managing Your Risks?”
• John Yale on “Standard for Excellence-Taking the Next Steps”
For complete program and schedule details, visit www.mcaa.org/mcaa2010.
Publication date: 02/01/2010