New England HVAC Contractors Honored With Cool Smart Awards
Sponsored by National Grid, NSTAR Electric, and Western Massachusetts Electric Co., the winners were recognized at an awards ceremony following the tournament.
Cool Smart is a central air conditioner rebate program for National Grid, NSTAR Electric, and Western Massachusetts Electric Co. residential customers in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The initiative promotes the purchase and installation of Energy Star®-qualified residential HVAC systems.
The program, which was launched in 2003, has been the exclusive presenting sponsor of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America’s (ACCA’s) Golf Tournament for four consecutive years. The awards provide the utility sponsors with an opportunity to recognize and applaud identified HVAC contractors for displaying a strong commitment to their customers and the environment.
Ellis Guiles, media personality, national “green” expert, vice president of TAG Mechanical Systems in New York, and advocate of quality installation programs, was the keynote speaker at the luncheon. “By participating in the Cool Smart program, you all have a tremendous opportunity to distinguish yourselves from the competition and preserve the environment through energy efficiency,” he said.
“Quality installation means less pollution. By installing more energy-efficient systems, you are helping customers by cutting their energy bills. The Cool Smart program ensures they get the highest performing system that will save them a lot of money in the long run.”
The awards are based on leadership, quality installations, and active program participation. First-place award recipients from Massachusetts are as follows:
• Berry Mechanical Services (Haverhill).
• Boucher Energy Systems - three awards (Mendon).
• Central Cooling & Heating - two awards (Woburn).
• Chaves Heating and Air Conditioning - two awards (Hudson).
• Distributor Corp. of New England (Malden).
• Eaton Mechanical (Brockton).
• Heating and Air Conditioning Services Inc. (West Bridgewater).
• Mark Meacham (Charlton).
• Needham Oil and Air - two awards (Needham).
• Wilson Services (Northampton).
Top Rhode Island award recipients are:
• Carjon Air Conditioning and Heating - two awards (Smithfield).
• Restivo’s Heating and Air Conditioning (Johnston).
Conservation Services Group (CSG), a Westborough, Mass.-based energy services firm, is the administrator of the program for National Grid, NSTAR Electric, and Western Massachusetts Electric Co.
For more information, visit www.mycoolsmart.com or call 800-473-1105.
Publication date: 12/07/2009