Nov. 15, 2007: IFMA Joins Energy Star Program
“IFMA is excited to be joining Energy Star,” said David J. Brady, IFMA president and chief executive officer. “We believe helping our members improve the energy efficiency of their operations will enhance each facility’s financial health and help preserve the environment for future generations to enjoy.”
As an Energy Star Partner, IFMA will:
• Set a goal for members to improve the energy efficiency of their facilities by 10 percent or more and develop and implement a plan to achieve this goal by following the Energy Star Energy Management Guidelines;
• Ask members to commit to the Energy Star Challenge - a national call to action designed to improve the energy efficiency of America’s commercial and industrial buildings by 10 percent or more;
• Encourage U.S. members to partner with Energy Star and measure and track the energy performance of their facilities by using tools and training such as those offered through the Energy Star program;
• Appeal to staff and members to learn about the benefits of energy efficiency and to implement appropriate energy efficiency measures;
• Highlight its achievements with recognition offered by Energy Star and provide internal recognition to facility managers who achieve large annual energy savings.
In partnership with IFMA, Energy Star will:
• Assist IFMA in achieving its energy efficiency goals by providing informational, technical, and educational support to the association and its members;
• Explore opportunities to collaborate on the development of new educational programs for facility managers.
IFMA will also be recognized on the Energy Star Website as a Partner and participant in the Energy Star Challenge. As IFMA makes progress toward achieving Energy Star milestones, the association will be eligible for additional recognition.
“We are pleased to have IFMA join us. American businesses and consumers continue to seek cost-effective strategies that respond to climate change,” said Energy Star National Manager for Commercial Property Markets Stuart Brodsky. “The great scope of IFMA’s membership and Energy Star’s track record of environmental achievement are a winning combination to further our mutual goals.”
For more information on Energy Star, visit www.energystar.gov. For more information on IFMA, visit www.ifma.org.
Publication date: 11/12/2007