Canada's New Clean Air Act
Products for which new minimum energy performance standards will be referenced as a result of the proposed changes to the Energy Efficiency Act include:
• Standby power;
• Line voltage thermostats;
• Unit heaters;
• Very large air conditioners, heat pumps, and condensing units;
• Commercial boilers; and
• Furnace blower fans.
Products for which existing energy performance standards will be made more stringent as a result of the proposed changes to the Energy Efficiency Act include:
• Gas furnaces;
• Large air conditioners and heat pumps;
• Package terminal air conditioners and heat pumps;
• Dehumidifiers; and
• Commercial refrigerators.
These new and revised standards are part of a four-year regulatory agenda. As per the normal approach taken by the Office of Energy Efficiency, supporting energy and environmental impact assessments will be conducted and the usual consultation and communication activities will be conducted.
Publication date: 01/29/2007