Extra Edition

System Pumping Efficiency More Important Than Pump Efficiency

No Comments
It is an accepted fact that pumps are oversized for almost all industrial and commercial installations. The tips here illustrate simple circuit flow analysis techniques to establish methods for flow balance in existing buildings and permit a considerable reduction in pump power requirements.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 17: Getting Organized, And More

No Comments
I run around all day fighting one fire after another and as a small contractor I need to do everything. By the end of the day, I know I've forgotten half of what I was supposed to be doing. Any suggestions?
Read More

Checking Indoor Airflow

No Comments
Indoor airflow in any air conditioning system is critical. Too much air and the customer suffers lack of dehumidification in cooling. Too little air in cooling may freeze the coil. Here are procedures on how to measure airflow.
Read More

Specifying Adjustable Frequency Drives For Electromagnetic Compatibility

No Comments
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) is the ability of electrical/electronic equipment to operate in its installation environment while neither causing nor experiencing electromagnetic interference (EMI). Here is a review of EMC standards and recommendations for drives specifiers.
Read More

Selling Commercial Service Agreements - Part 4

No Comments
This is the fourth and final article of a four-part series on selling commercial service agreements. This series is designed as a complete A-Z on how to sell and organize for commercial service agreements. This article discusses proposal writing strategies.
Read More

Btu Buddy 27: A Compressor With Internal Leak

No Comments
In this edition of the Btu Buddy series, Bob's cooling system service call seems to be a classic case of low charge. With Btu Buddy's help, he discovers that it's actually a compressor problem.
Read More

Quick Facts: Superheat And Subcooling

No Comments
Supeheat and subcooling are two terms that every service technician should know. Here are some quick facts on what they are and why they're important.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 16: Taking Control, And More

No Comments
Our trucks are a mess! Our techs look like they slept in their uniforms! I pay for all this great marketing and tell potential customers we're better than the rest and then we show up looking like the worst. What can I do?
Read More

Energy Efficiency: The Real Thing

No Comments
The Alliance to Save Energy's recent "Great Energy Efficiency Debate" in Washington included a lone HVAC representative - James Wolf of Trane. Wolf agreed to talk with The News about his panel's discussion and comment further on the issues raised.
Read More

Oil Heat Cares Convenes First Meeting

By John R. Hall
No Comments
The first board meeting of "Oil Heat Cares" convened at the recent National Association of Oil Heating Service Managers (NAOHSM) meeting. The group's purpose is to raise money and provide assistance to individuals and groups who need service or replacement of oil heating equipment.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 Energy Efficiency Forum

Highlights from the 25th annual Energy Efficiency Forum in Washington, D.C.

Podcasts

NEWSMakers: Mark Satterfield

Mark Satterfield, founder and CEO of Gentle Rain Marketing Inc. and author of “The One Week Marketing Plan” talks about his book and the importance of HVAC blogging. Posted on Sept. 19.

More Podcasts

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 09-22-14 cover

2014 September 22

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Venting R-22

The NEWS reported that a man received prison time for venting R-22. Should EPA step up enforcement?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image

Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con