Extra Edition

Ten Dumb Things Smart People Do When Testing Electricity

December 11, 2004
The pressures of getting a job done on time or getting a piece of equipment back on-line quickly can result in mistakes by even seasoned technicians. This article provides a reminder of what not to do when taking electrical measurements.
Read More

Strengthen Customer Loyalty With Market Research

November 24, 2004
Customer loyalty is in jeopardy every time a prospect or customer comes into contact with a company. Each contact is an opportunity to strengthen - or weaken - customer loyalty. Market research can help make sure you meet customer expectations.
Read More

Using The P-T Card As A Service Tool

November 24, 2004
The purpose of this article is to demonstrate the proper use of the pressure-temperature relationship, and to illustrate how it can be used to thoroughly analyze a refrigeration or air conditioning system.
Read More

Maximizing Chiller Efficiency

November 24, 2004
Chillers are the single largest energy-using component in most facilities and can typically consume over 50 percent of the electrical usage. This article details steps that can be taken to help maximize chiller efficiency.
Read More

Btu Buddy 20: A Training Lunch With Btu Buddy

November 14, 2004
In this edition of the Btu Buddy series, Bob and Btu Buddy meet for a training lunch after the previous day's low oil in the sight glass service call. Btu Buddy discusses oil and oil circulation in an A/C system.
Read More

Alternatives For Dehumidification In Commercial Buildings

November 14, 2004
Controlling humidity in commercial buildings used to be a difficult undertaking. The advent in recent years of alternative dehumidification technologies has made the dehumidification process far more energy efficient and affordable.
Read More

The Four Things That Drive Your Customers Crazy

November 14, 2004
The service you provide can either soothe - or increase - a customer's feelings of panic and irritation. That's why a better understanding of common complaints from customers about contractors can help you a lot.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 9: The Power Nap, And More

October 31, 2004
The hours we work during the busiest times are extraordinary. I find myself struggling to stay awake at work or, worse yet, when I'm driving. But, I keep pushing myself because of the workload. Is there someway to make this better?
Read More

Electric Motor Brake Horsepower Calculations

October 31, 2004
These motor calculations are useful wherever electric motors are used. These simple calculations can be used to solve motor installation and troubleshooting problems in a variety of applications.
Read More

Energy Efficiency Pays

October 31, 2004
Most energy-efficient homes have dozens of little improvements that individually add little to construction costs, yet together yield big savings.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 ACI Home Performance Conference

The 2014 ACI National Home Performance Conference & Trade Show was held in Detroit.

Podcasts

NEWSMakers: Michael Willburn

Michael Willburn, president, Infloor Heating Systems, joins the program to discuss his company, radiant heating, industry trends, and whether contractors are becoming more interested in radiant heating. Posted on July 11.

More Podcasts

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 07-21-14 cover

2014 July 21

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

R-22 PHASEOUT POLL

Some in the industry are calling for the EPA to halt production of R-22 as of 2015. What do you think?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image

Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con