Extra Edition

Ammonia: It Smells Like A Safety Challenge

October 1, 2004
For nearly two centuries ammonia has been used as a refrigerant. Its drawback is that in quantities much larger than a "sniff" it is poisonous. With proper precautions, however, the benefits of ammonia are compelling.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 8: Staying Focused, And More

October 1, 2004
I come to work with dozens and dozens of things on my to-do list. And then life hits me as I enter the door and my to-do list is forgotten. What should I do to stay focused?
Read More

Understanding Heat Pump Sequence Of Operation

October 1, 2004
In order to service and troubleshoot an air-source heat pump system, a service technician must understand the unit's sequence of operation. Where the system varies from its normal sequence is a major clue to any problems.
Read More

HUD Web Tool Helps Improve Home Energy Efficiency

September 17, 2004
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) recently launched the Energy Efficient Rehab Advisor, a free Web-based tool designed to help homeowners, contractors, architects, facility managers, and others to improve energy efficiency in existing homes during renovation and remodeling.
Read More

Btu Buddy 18: Compressor With Refrigerant Flooding Back

September 17, 2004
In this edition of the Btu Buddy series, Bob works on a system that is not cooling properly and finds that refrigerant is flooding back to the compressor. Btu Buddy aids in pinpointing and curing the problem.
Read More

How To Get Feedback That Benefits Your Business

September 17, 2004
The best way to evaluate how your business is doing is to gather feedback from your customers and employees. Here are some pointers that will help you get the feedback you need to improve your business.
Read More

New Honeywell Thermostat Designed For Ease Of Use

September 16, 2004
Honeywell has introduced the FocusPROâ„¢ 5000, a non-programmable, digital thermostat designed to provide maximum ease of use for contractors and homeowners, says the company.
Read More

Maintenance Of Residential Split System Air Conditioners

September 3, 2004
This article provides some maintenance recommendations for technicians for their annual air conditioning system inspections.
Read More

Filter Driers: The First Line Of System Protection

September 3, 2004
Filter driers on air conditioning or refrigeration systems are exactly what their name implies - front-line protection designed to filter out contaminants and dry the refrigerant to avoid ice formation and oil degradation. But all filter driers are not created equal.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 7: Delegation, And More

September 3, 2004
I delegate a project and it ends up back in my lap. It's frustrating because I think they don't care or they don't understand. What do I need to do?
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 MCAA Annual Convention

Scenes from the 2014 MCAA Annual Convention in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Podcasts

NEWSmakers: Julian Scadden

Training is an ongoing process. Julian will discuss how you can generate maximum return on time and energy invested training by following a three part process. Listen to this podcast to get expert tips on training, tracking and follow up. 

More Podcasts

THE MAGAZINE

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 04-14-14 cover

2014 April 14

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

SERVICE CALLS POLL

Which statement on service calls best applies to your business?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image

Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con