easy-to-follow explanations will have you seeing inside these old systems. You'll be a much better troubleshooter after this one. If you have to deal with America's older steam systems, you’re going to love this course. We’ll look at:
• Steam heating loads;
• Steam radiation of all kinds;
• Boiler ratings;
• Proper near-boiler piping;
• The importance of water quality;
• All sorts of system piping;
• The value of pipe insulation;
• Balancing systems with properly sized air vents;
• Curing water hammer once and for all;
• Getting the water back into the boiler;
• Pressure settings; and
• Steam traps.
And plenty of good stories to pull all of this together.
Students can arrive at 5 p.m. for a buffet dinner. Holohan will start talking at 5:30 and finish by 8:45. Marianne will have her bookstore open with great discounts. Seating is limited.