NEBB announced today that the latest edition of its publication ANSI/NEBB Whole Building Technical Commissioning of New Construction Standard S110-2018 is an Approved American National Standard, now available for sale in both print and electronic versions.
The ANSI/NEBB Standard for Building Systems Commissioning provides comprehensive technical guidance to a systematic development and implementation of commissioning. It describes organization, planning, procedures, and methods to verify and document that performance of building systems is (or is not) in conformance with building specifications and contract documents.
Features of the publication include:
- Required procedural standards for mechanical, electrical and building envelope systems
- Baseline activities for BSC process
- Outlines scope of work for building envelope, electrical, special electrical, plumbing and fire protection
- First and only ANSI accredited Technical Commissioning Standard for New Construction
- Incorporates necessary documentation of commissioning process
- Technical procedures, methods, & documentation from concept to continuous performance tracking
"NEBB's latest standards document to be approved by ANSI represents our commitment to the high quality that NEBB certification represents. This standard demonstrates the high level of competency at which NEBB certified firms and individuals function and provides confidence that projects are completed with that same competency and quality," said NEBB president, Don Hill.
An American National Standard is a document that has been sponsored by an ANSI-accredited standards developing organization (SDO) and then approved by ANSI's Board of Standards Review (BSR) as meeting certain criteria for openness, balance, due process, and consensus in standards development. ANSI's SDO accreditation and American National Standard approval processes work in tandem to help make standards development in the U.S. an equitable and open process that serves both U.S. business and the public good.
Publication date: 2/14/2018