• ASHRAE (Atlanta) awarded the Willis H. Carrier Award to Paul Glanville and the Chapter Programs Star Award to Heather Schopplein.
• The Mechanical Service Contractors Association (MSCA) will hold its 2014 Educational Conference Sept. 28-Oct. 1 in Huntington Beach, California.
• The Building Commissioning Association (BCA) honored Bruce Pitts, Michael Chelednik, and Mark Miller with its President’s Award.
• The Alliance to Save Energy (Washington) named Mark Lantrip, Kevin Payne, Aurelie Richard, Gayle Schueller, and David McKinley to its board
• The Heat Exchange Institute (HEI) announced the release of the first edition of Standards for Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers.
• ACCA (Arlington, Virginia) released its latest ComforTool on orphan gas appliances.
• The Geothermal Exchange Organization (GEO) announced the retirement of COO John Kelly. Replacing him will be Ryan Dougherty, who also will act as vice president of government affairs.
• The U.S. Census Bureau of the Department of Commerce (Washington) announced construction spending during May 2014 was estimated at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of $956.1 billion, 6.6 percent above May 2013.
Publication date: 7/21/2014