Featured speakers at the Global Engineering Conference include:
• Rick Fedrizzi, president, CEO, and founding chair, U.S. Green Building Council® (USGBC) — Under Fedrizzi’s leadership, more than 8.6 billion square feet of residential and commercial building space in 131 countries is registered or certified to the USGBC’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building program, and 177,000 individuals hold LEED professional credentials.
• Robert Fox, partner at Cook+Fox Architects, a firm devoted to creating environmentally responsible high-performance buildings — Fox is a respected leader in the green building movement and serves as an advisor to New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Office of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability. He was the founding chair of the U.S. Green Building Council/New York Chapter.
• Scott E. Frank, licensed professional engineer, LEED-accredited professional and partner at the global engineering firm of Jaros, Baum & Bolles (JB&B) Consulting Engineers — Frank served as the JB&B partner-in-charge for the Bank of America Tower project at One Bryant Park (a LEED Platinum facility) and has led the sustainable design aspects of projects at the World Trade Center site.
• David Gottfried, managing partner at Regenerative Ventures, a company focused on creating collaborative green building marketplaces via the best green building technologies — Gottfried is founder of the World Green Building Council.
• Valentine Lehr, P.E., senior partner of Lehr Consultants International — Noted for innovation in high-rise construction, hotel design, and master planning of complex projects, Lehr is also dedicated to environmentally responsible sustainable design and has led the design efforts of a number of award-winning environmental projects around the world.
Speakers will discuss new technology and engineering topics in the HVAC industry, as well as a variety of technical, multi-disciplinary, case study, and sustainability topics.
“Carrier is delighted to have such an all-star panel of keynote speakers for its 2012 Global Engineering Conference,” said Bob McDonough, president, UTC Climate, Controls & Security Systems - Americas. “This group of industry experts is continually developing green building solutions that provide environmental, societal, and human benefits, while reducing construction and operating costs. That is one of the goals of our Global Engineering Conference, so it is a perfect forum to discuss how we will approach these issues in the future.”
The most recent conference, held in 2008, was attended by more than 650 building design, engineering, and consulting professionals from around the world. Continuing Education Units and Professional Development Hours will be awarded.
Online registration is open at www.2012GEC.com.
Publication date: 12/12/2011