GERMANY — The world has seen the development of the crisis and the suffering of the people in Ukraine with shock and great concern. As a company that operates in Ukraine, as well as in Russia and Belarus, REHAU Group emphasizes their position:
- They strongly condemn the attack on Ukraine and its people;
- It is a war against humanity, the freedom of all of everyone, and peace in Europe; and
- Thus against the values for which REHAU Group stands with all their subgroups.
REHAU Group has decided to suspend their operations in Russia and Belarus until further notice.
Russia in particular, where REHAU has been present for many years, is an important market for them. REHAU Group hopes that the situation will soon change in such a way that they can resume their activities in both countries.
REHAU's priority now is the safety of colleagues and their families in Ukraine and those that are leaving the country. They began preparing possible contingency plans some time ago. Concrete help is underway at various levels:
- Via the emergency aid fund "Family for Families," which has been endowed by the company with a significant sum to provide immediate assistance, but also to support reconstruction later on;
- Via the crisis taskforce, which coordinates support for our team in Ukraine, but also for the people fleeing. REHAU is in constant contact with the local management for this; and
- Via an account, they have set up for donations from their 20,000 employees worldwide.
REHAU Group hopes for a peaceful outcome and their thoughts remain with everyone affected by the conflict.
Report Abusive Comment