Business Management

Selling Commercial Service Agreements - Part 1

No Comments
This is the first of a four-part series on selling commercial service agreements. This series is designed as a complete A-Z on how to sell and organize for commercial service agreements. This article discusses preparing for service agreement surveys.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 13: Installer Rewards, And More

No Comments
I have to nag and plead with my installers to do what they're being paid to do. They rarely finish their jobs on time, they use more materials than they're supposed to, and then they generate callbacks. Got any suggestions?
Read More

How To Avoid Bad Marketing Advice

No Comments
Lots of "experts" are ready and willing to tell you what you should be doing to promote your business and increase sales. But some of them are flat-out wrong. How can you sift the good from the bad? Here are some basic principles.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 12: Making Money, And More

No Comments
I sometimes get the techs to do more than the job they were called to do. I sometimes get the daily sales numbers posted. I sometimes hold the weekly sales meeting. I sometimes do sales training. And I sometimes make money.
Read More

Navigate The River Of Paperwork With A Record Retention Policy

No Comments
Maybe you think your company is drowning in a river of old paperwork. The more you shred or toss, the better, right? Actually, no. Think twice before you chuck overboard those 20-year-old workers' compensation policies or defunct contracts.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 11: Selling Add-Ons, And More

No Comments
I stress the importance of trying to make add-on sales that are in the customer's best interest. But my techs seem unmotivated and I end up frustrated and struggling to make ends meet. What do I need to do differently?
Read More

Effective ‘Customer Care' Call Handing Procedures

No Comments
Today our customers/clients expect their service provider to deliver good customer service. In most cases good customer service translates into responsiveness. Here is a list of customer call procedures that should be followed.
Read More

Hot Topics, Cool Solutions 10: End Of The Month Blues, And More

No Comments
I buy a motor for $30 and I sell it for $100. So how come at the end of the month I didn't make any money?
Read More

Strengthen Customer Loyalty With Market Research

No Comments
Customer loyalty is in jeopardy every time a prospect or customer comes into contact with a company. Each contact is an opportunity to strengthen - or weaken - customer loyalty. Market research can help make sure you meet customer expectations.
Read More

The Four Things That Drive Your Customers Crazy

No Comments
The service you provide can either soothe - or increase - a customer's feelings of panic and irritation. That's why a better understanding of common complaints from customers about contractors can help you a lot.
Read More

Multimedia

Videos

Image Galleries

2014 Energy Efficiency Forum

Highlights from the 25th annual Energy Efficiency Forum in Washington, D.C.

Podcasts

NEWSMakers: Mark Satterfield

Mark Satterfield, founder and CEO of Gentle Rain Marketing Inc. and author of “The One Week Marketing Plan” talks about his book and the importance of HVAC blogging. Posted on Sept. 19.

More Podcasts

ACHRNEWS

NEWS 09-15-14 cover

2014 September 15

Check out the weekly edition of The NEWS today!

Table Of Contents Subscribe

Venting R-22

The NEWS reported that a man received prison time for venting R-22. Should EPA step up enforcement?
View Results Poll Archive

HVACR INDUSTRY STORE

plumbing-hvac.gif
2014 National Plumbing & HVAC Estimator

Every plumbing and HVAC estimator can use the cost estimates in this practical manual!

More Products

Clear Seas Research

Clear Seas ResearchWith access to over one million professionals and more than 60 industry-specific publications, Clear Seas Research offers relevant insights from those who know your industry best. Let us customize a market research solution that exceeds your marketing goals.

DON'T MISS A THING

Magazine image

Register today for complete access to ACHRNews.com. Get full access to the latest features, Extra Edition, and more.

STAY CONNECTED

facebook icontwitter iconyoutube iconLinkedIn i con