Lean Enterprise Institute is offering hands-on workshops in June on how to apply lean management principles in supply chain, logistics, warehousing, and distribution processes.
FLORENCE, Ky. - The nonprofit Lean Enterprise Institute (LEI), Cincinnati, is offering hands-on workshops, June 25-28, 2013, on how to apply lean management principles in supply chain, logistics, warehousing, and distribution processes. The two workshops will take place at LeanCor’s operations center in Florence, Ky.
The first one - Go and See the Lean Supply Chain: Gemba-Based Workshop - is to be held June 25-26. There attendees will learn how to apply lean principles to logistics and supply chain processes. Among the key concepts covered are:
• How to calculate the critical total cost of fulfillment to make decisions that meet customer expectations at the lowest possible total cost, no matter where costs occur in the supply stream.
• How to value-stream map the supply chain to uncover opportunities for cutting costs, lead times, and inventory through the use of lean principles.
• How to develop customer and supplier measurement systems, break down cross-functional barriers, implement pull systems for material replenishment, and establish supply-chain visibility.
The second workshop - Lean Warehousing and Distribution Operations - is to be held June 27-28. Attendees will learn how to implement lean principles step-by-step in warehouse and distribution processes. During three rounds of a hands-on simulation, they will identify lean improvements, implement them, and measure their impact. Among the key concepts covered are:
• How to apply techniques such as lean storage, operational diagramming, workload planning, and visual management.
• How to develop small-batch work assignments, operational diagrams, and a work load plan to create a just-in-time operation based on leveled work, pull, and continuous flow.
• How to create the all-important standardized work for a lean warehouse.
Each workshop includes all participant materials, breakfast, lunch, and snacks each day. Complete details about course content, instructors, discounts, and how to register are available at http://bit.ly/11jtL2P.
LEI Offers Lean Workshops
May 8, 2013