I realize there are more important items, like fighting ISIS, but I also know that presidential candidates have been willing to comment on Starbucks Christmas cups and fantasy football, so, perhaps, we could acknowledge the critical need for training that’s necessary for the next generation to take on these well-paying, in-demand jobs.
I’ve heard numerous speakers utter this phrase at least a hundred times: The question is not what happens if I train my employees and they leave; the question is, what if I don’t train them and they stay?
For the second time, online marketing solutions company Blue Corona has done a deep dive by analyzing more than 10,000 HVAC and plumbing websites. The analysis indicates a digital divide forming in the HVAC industry.
Johnson Controls is buying 60 percent of that business and creating a joint venture with Hitachi Appliances retaining ownership of the remaining 40 percent. The new business is valued at around $2.8 billion.
The variable refrigerant flow (VRF) market in the U.S. just got a bit more interesting. Johnson Controls, Hitachi, Ltd., and Hitachi Appliances announced the companies have completed their global joint venture agreement and will immediately begin operations of Johnson Controls-Hitachi Air Conditioning.